This list contains recipes by Alex Guarnaschelli, one of the judges from my favorite Food Network show “Chopped”.
I hope you all enjoy grilling these yummy vegetables!
If you have any suggestions, please feel free to leave comments below this blog post.
1.) Grilled Bell Peppers with Red Wine Vinegar
- Cut the peppers in half
- Remove the pit and seeds
- Sprinkle the interiors with salt, sugar, and cracked black pepper
- Grill the peppers on high heat for about 5-10 minutes, until they’re kinda tender and charred
- Drizzle the peppers with olive oil and red wine vinegar
2.) Charred Onions with Honey and Cayenne Pepper
- Thinly slice the onions into rings
- Grill the rings on high heat for 5-8 minutes, until they have a char and become slightly tender
- Transfer the rings onto a large skillet (on either the stovetop or grill)
Caramelize the rings in olive oil with a drizzle of honey, a pinch of salt, and some cayenne pepper
- Cook the rings over low heat for about 25-30 minutes, until they’re tender
3.) Roasted and Grilled Eggplants
- Cut an eggplant in half lengthwise
- Turn the halves flesh-side up on a baking sheet
- Drizzle the eggplants with olive oil
- Toss dried oregano, paprika, and salt onto the eggplant
- Roast the eggplant in the oven for about 15-30 minutes, until they’re tender and brown
- Turn the halves flesh-side down on the hot-end of the grill
- Cook the eggplant for about 5-10 minutes, until they have a nice char
- Sprinkle balsamic vinegar onto the eggplant